Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 241 to 250 of 302
- A Historical Perspective on National Child Mental Health Policy (2003)
- This article presents a historical perspective on the formalized child mental health policy in the United States.
- Crafting Logic Models for Systems of Care: Ideas Into Action (2003)
- This monograph is designed to provide a guide for communities engaged in developing systems of care. It provides a straightforward method that system stakeholders can use to turn their ideas into tangible action-oriented strategies for achieving their goals for system development.
- Safe Schools/Healthy Students initiative: Pinellas County, Florida (2003)
- The Safe Schools/Healthy Students (SS/HS) Initiative in Pinellas County, FL, emerged as a part of a broader local effort to implement creative educational and mental health programs to support children and families. This initiative focused on capacity building, prevention, and intervention efforts and comprehensive evaluation to address the barriers to learning and enhance healthy development.
- What is Case Management? (2002)
- Although case management has become a common intervention for children served through multiple systems, it can be quite variable in implementation. This chapter addresses the necessity to define case management in terms of common components and diverse models prior to exploring the evidence base for practice. This chapter also examines significant studies to date regarding the effectiveness of case management approaches.
- The Impact of Managed Care on Systems of Care that Serve Children with Serious Emotional Disturbances and their Families (2002)
- This article describes findings from a qualitative study evaluating the impact of managed care reforms on a select sample of systems of care funded by the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families Program. This study’s analyses reveal conditions and factors necessary to maintain a system-of-care-philosophy and approach in a managed care environment.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health: Recommendations for Improvement by State Mental Health Commissions (2002)
- Between 1997 and 2001, 13 states had commissions that reviewed their state mental health system. This manuscript reviews the findings and recommendations from the reports of these commissions with regard to child and adolescent mental health.
- A School, Family, and Community Collaborative Program for Children who have Emotional Disturbances (2002)
- This article provides the rationale, development, implementation and evaluation of a school-based program for students with emotional disturbances and who are served in a special education setting.
- Community-based Interventions in a System of Care and Outcome Framework. (2002)
- This chapter summarizes the various initiatives and research findings that are driving the shift in the children’s mental health services system from the almost exclusive reliance on office-based or residential treatment to a community-based continuum of service options.
- The National Evaluation of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services Program for Children and their Families Program. A Commentary. (2002)
- This commentary appeared in a special issue describing the national evaluation of the Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and Their Families Program.
- A Conceptual Framework for Developing and Implementing Effective Policy in Children’s Mental Health (2002) (2002)
- This article presents a framework to be used in studying public policy development and implementation in children’s mental health.