- Structures and Processes Supporting the Mission and Goals of a Family-run Organization: King County Blended Funding Project (2006)
- Using the King County Blended Funding Project as an example of a family-driven system that establishes collaborative partnerships with professionals and parents. The county was found to have a widely held theory of change, concept mapping was used to arrive at this finding.
- Prevention and Intervention with Young Children’s Challenging Behavior: A Summary and Perspective Regarding Current Knowledge. (2006)
- This article provides a summary and synthesis of existing knowledge pertaining to prevention and intervention regarding challenging behaviors of young children.
- The System of Care Twenty Years Later (2005)
- In this chapter the authors discuss the current impact and relevancy of the system of care model for the children’s mental health services system.
- The Special Education Elementary Longitudinal Study (SEELS) and the National Longitudinal Transition Study (NLTS2): Study Designs and Implications for Youth With Emotional Disturbance (2005)
- This article describes design features of two longitudinal studies, the Special Education Elementary Longitudinal Study (SEELS) and the National Longitudinal Transition Study (NLTS2), and to outline their potential implications for policy, practice, research, advocacy, and system development for children and youth with emotional disturbances (ED).
- Teaching Safety Skills to Children to Prevent Gun Play: An Evaluation of In Situ Training. (2005)
- This study evaluated behavioral skills training procedures for teaching safety skills to children to prevent firearm injury. The procedures were effective with all participants.
- Enhancing the Influence of Psychologists on Public Policy: Will More of the Same Do It? (2005)
- In this article, Robert Friedman draws on over 25 years experience to address how, as a field, psychology can more effectively prepare graduate students and conduct its own research to strengthen the contribution to policy.
- Transformation Work Group Report (2005)
- This report describes the compatibility of the SOC vision, values and principles, and general practices with those expressed by the President’s New Freedom Commission.
- Real Manuals for Real Teachers (2005)
- The four teacher-friendly manuals serve as guides to the implementation of evidence-based practices by special education teachers.
- Implementation Research: A Synthesis of the Literature (2005)
- Summarizes findings from the review of the research literature on implementation.
- The Children and Youth We Serve: A National Picture of the Characteristics of Students with Emotional Disturbances Receiving Special Education (2005)
- This article provides a national perspective of children and youth with emotional disturbances (ED) served in special education using data from the Special Education Elementary Longitudinal Study (SEELS) and the National Longitudinal Transition Study-2 (NLTS2).
The article discusses findings related to the use of the Prevent-Teach-Reinforce Model with Families of Young Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
This article reviews the current literature regarding a range of quality of life outcomes of aging adults with autism spectrum disorders.
View more Publication Highlights