Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
The comprehensive, flexible online Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis (GCABA) is the perfect program for anyone looking to further develop their understanding of human behavior and seek certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst® (BCBA®). The program allows anyone with a master’s level academic or professional background in psychology, education, special education, counseling, or a related field the opportunity to build specialized expertise in a number of areas critical to success in behavior analysis.
In the News … View All
- Teaching Gun Safety Skills to Young Children
- Ray Miltenberger, of the Department of Child and Family Studies, has created a gun injury prevention program that uses behavioral skills training and in situ training. The intervention helps children to demonstrate the desired safety skills in role-playing assessments and in situ assessments.
- CFS Faculty In the News
- CFS faculty expertise on suicide prevention, unlicensed children's homes, child abuse, anti-bullying, positive behavior support, and youth caregivers. Latest: Dr. Karen Berkman on Asperger's Syndrome and Dr. Elizabeth Perkins on transition to group homes.
- Great Grants Alive! CFS’s Productive Summer Results in Large Number of Accepted Proposals
- During summer 2014, CFS faculty and staff submitted 21 grant applications. So far, the results have been very positive!
- CFS's Continued State Funding Allows Larger Impact on Florida's Children and Adolescents in Need
- The Department of Child & Family Studies continues it's large impact on Florida's growing number of children and adolescents in need of behavioral or developmental support services. In the past few years, several centers housed within CFS have seen increased funding to meet the rising needs in homes, schools and communities.
- USF ABA Provides 33 Presentations at 2014 Florida Association of Behavioral Analysis Conference
- All ABA faculty members, 5 doctoral students, and 18 master’s students presented.
- ABA Program Awarded 5-Year $1.06 million Grant
- Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs, students accepted into the "Project ABA": Preparing Related Services Personnel in Applied Behavior Analysis for Children with Autism program will become school-based behavior analysts working with children with autism.
- WFLA profiles two CFS programs working together to fast track children on the Autism spectrum into mainstream schools.
- The Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngers (HIPPY), and the Center for Autism & Related Disabilities at USF have joined in partnership to offer their evidence based school readiness program to families with 3 and 4 year olds at no cost. View WFLA video. View family recruitment flyer.
Conferences & Special Events
28th Annual Research & Policy Conference on Child, Adolescent, & Young Adult Behavioral Health
March 22 - 25, 2015: Known widely as “The Tampa Conference,” this annual gathering of more than 500 researchers, evaluators, policy-makers, administrators, parents, and advocates is sponsored by the Department of Child and Family Studies at the University of South Florida, in partnership with the Children’s Mental Health Network, the National Wraparound Initiative, Institute for Translational Research in Adolescent Behavioral Health, and the Institute for Innovation and Implementation at the University of Maryland School of Social Work.