Graduate Certificate in Children's Mental Health
This online program is designed to provide a rigorous, empirically-based education to individuals in the behavioral health services field who wish to work with agencies and systems that serve children and families with mental health challenges. Students will learn to assist children at different developmental stages, within the contexts in which they live.
In the News … View All
- CFS Faculty In the News
- CFS faculty expertise on suicide prevention, unlicensed children's homes, child abuse, anti-bullying, positive behavior support, and youth caregivers. Latest: Dr. Cohen comments on caregiver homicides.
- USF Announces New Online Graduate Certificate Program in Applied Behavior Analysis
- The University of South Florida now offers a new, comprehensive online Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis to prepare professionals to work with individuals with special learning and behavior needs. Applied behavioral analysis (ABA) can help create treatment plans and supportive environments for children and adults living with a disability, mental illness, or behavioral disorders such as autism, ADHD or addiction.
- Call for Proposals is Now Open!
- The 28th Annual Research & Policy Conference on Child, Adolescent, and Young Adult Behavioral Health invites proposals for research benefiting children, youth and their families. The deadline for submissions is October 24, 2014.
- Dr. Mario Hernandez Selected as Panelist for Capitol Hill Briefing
- Dr. Hernandez was one of two panelists selected to speak at a Capitol Hill briefing entitled Children’s Mental Health: The Importance of Early Identification and Intervention on Friday, August 15th.
- September 8 - 14: World Suicide Prevention Week
- View letter from CFS's Steve Roggenbaum, gubernatorial appointment to Florida's Suicide Prevention Coordinating Council. September 10 Event!
- ABA Student Assistance Fund Yields Excellent Results
- As we prepare for our Fall 2014 students in the ABA Masters program, we are proud to profile the productive efforts of our Fall/Spring 2013 and Spring 2014 awardees of the Applied Behavior Analysis Student Assistance Fund.
- Assistant Professor Tammy Jorgensen Smith Receives APSE Research Award
- She was awarded the National Association for People Supporting Employment First (APSE) Research Award at the national conference held in Long Beach, California in July 2014.
Conferences & Special Events
Call for Proposals Now Open! 28th Annual Research & Policy Conference on Child, Adolescent, & Young Adult Behavioral Health
March 22 - 25, 2015: Known widely as “The Tampa Conference,” this annual gathering of more than 500 researchers, evaluators, policy-makers, administrators, parents, and advocates is sponsored by the Department of Child and Family Studies at the University of South Florida, in partnership with the Children’s Mental Health Network, the National Wraparound Initiative, Institute for Translational Research in Adolescent Behavioral Health, and the Institute for Innovation and Implementation at the University of Maryland School of Social Work.