Graduate Certificate in Translational Research in Adolescent Behavioral Health
As part of the Institute for Translational Research in Adolescent Behavioral Health, the Graduate Certificate Program will merge the skills and experience of local community treatment providers, USF academic researchers and national experts. Developed as a research education project, the program will provide a team mentoring approach with student researchers and professionals in the field.
In the News … View All
- FCIC Trainees Awarded Travel and Conference Funds to Enhance their Interdisciplinary Training
- Three trainees from the Florida Center for Inclusive Communities will participate in syposiums and presentations to gain valuable experience.
- CARD-USF Selected as Brickmania™ Event Charity of Choice
- This unique community-wide event designed to spark the interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) activities for students in kindergarten through eighth grade will be held on Saturday, March 22, 2014, at Carrollwood Day School.
- Dr. Elizabeth Perkins Receives Fellow Designation from the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- The high honor is presented after review and consideration by a committee of leaders in the Association.
- Association for University Centers on Disabilities Honors FCIC at Awards Gala
- The gala is held each year during the AUCD Annual Conference to honor individuals, groups or programs for their exemplary work and service.
- Eric Biel, CBCS Graduate Profiled by USF Office of Student Success
- The publication, Fulfilling Hopes and Dreams: Stories of Student Success, was produced by the Provost's Office and demonstrates what can be accomplished when students are provided with both the opportunities and the support they need to succeed.
- CFS Faculty In the News
- CFS faculty expertise on suicide prevention, unlicensed children's homes, child abuse, anti-bullying, positive behavior support, and youth caregivers. Latest: Dr. Cohen comments on caregiver homicides.
- Dr. Lise Fox Honored with Mary McEvoy Service to the Field Award
- The award was established by the Division for Early Childhood (DEC) and is given annually to a parent, community member, or professional who has made notable and significant national or international contributions to the field of early childhood special education.
Conferences & Special Events
Mark Your Calendar! 2014 Annual Children's Mental Health Research & Policy Conference
The 27th Annual Children’s Mental Health Research & Policy Conference will be held March 2 – 5, 2014 at the newly renovated Hilton Tampa Downtown hotel. Since 1988, Department of Child and Family Studies at the University of South Florida has been a leader in promoting the expansion of the research base essential to improved service systems for children and youth with mental health challenges and their families.