Graduate Studies in Behavioral Health
The USF College of Behavioral & Community Sciences (CBCS) and the USF College of Public Health (COPH) jointly offer a specialty concentration in behavioral health as part of the Master and Doctoral programs in the COPH Department of Community & Family Health. Current Course Offerings: Summer 2016 | Fall 2016
In the News … View All
- 21 Students from USF's ABA Program have their Research Presented at ABAI Convention
- Many of the students also attended the convention in Chicago, which gathers over 4,500 behavior analysts from all over the world.
- CFS Faculty In the News
- Recent faculty in the news include: Dr. Norin Dollard on 2016 KIDS COUNT Data Book, Dr. Donna Cohen on suicide pacts and Dr. Karen Berkman on safety bracelets for individual with autism.
- Florida Now Ranked 40th in Overall Child Well-Being, 37th in Child Poverty According to Annual KIDS COUNT Data Book
- Florida needs to continue to improve to catch up to other states’ gains.
- CFS's Steve Roggenbaum to Serve as Vice Chairperson for the Florida Suicide Prevention Coalition
- The Coalition works to develop and implement suicide prevention, intervention and postvention strategies and programs in the state of Florida.
- After nearly 59 years of marriage, Joe and Jean Subers die together: Dr. Donna Cohen Interviewed by Gainesville Sun
- Dr. Cohen is one of the foremost authorities on how older persons and family members cope with aging and chronic illness. According to her research, an elderly murder-suicide occurs about every two weeks in Florida, which has one of the nation's highest percentages of seniors in its population.
- Dr. Elizabeth Perkins Awarded Fellow Status from the Gerontological Society of America
- GSA is the world's oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization devoted to research, education, and practice in the field of aging.
- Maricel Hernandez, CFS Fiscal & Business Specialist, Receives USF Outstanding Staff Awards
- Each year, the University of South Florida System's Outstanding Staff Awards Program recognizes exceptional employees who demonstrate a commitment to the pursuit of excellence and a level of performance that exceeds the values and standards of the university.
Conferences & Special Events
PEPSA Autism Summer Institute
July 26 - 27, 2016: The Autism Summer Institute is an annual workshop aimed at providing high quality professional development to a wide spectrum of professionals such as ESE and general education teachers, guidance counselors, school psychologists, SLPs, OTs, instructional assistants, administrators, and parents who impact the lives of students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).