Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 121 to 130 of 308
- Autism & Related Disabilities: Informational Materials (2013)
- The Center for Autism & Related Disabilities at the University of South Florida provides a variety publications and informational resources available to the community.
- Florida KIDS COUNT Publications (2013)
- Florida KIDS COUNT provides a consistent and reliable source of information that is adaptable to a variety of uses such as policy analysis, grant and proposal writing, needs assessments and public education.
- A multi-level framework for local policy development and implementation (2013)
- Characteristics related to family involvement in youth residential mental health treatment (2013)
- This study examined family involvement among youth in residential mental health treatment facilities in Florida. Data were obtained from the provider reports from January 2005 through December 2007.
- Influence of Mental Health Assessment on Prescription of Psychoactive Medication Among New Nursing Home Residents (2012)
- This article presents preliminary evidence for a novel way of promoting use of non-psychopharmacological interventions for mental health problems among nursing home (NH) residents.
- Mental Health Informatics (2012)
- This textbook incorporates mental health services, research, and education, informatics, and library and information science to portray the challenges and opportunities for persons working in mental health informatics.
- Into the Unknown: Aging with Autism Spectrum Disorders (2012)
- This article reviews the current literature regarding a range of quality of life outcomes of aging adults with ASD. Studies that have addressed life expectancy, comorbid physical and mental health issues, ASD symptomatology, and social, residential, and vocational outcomes are reviewed.
- Needs and Experiences of Youth Aging Out of the Child Welfare Prepaid Mental Health Plan (2012)
- This study examined the needs and experiences of youth served under the CW-PMHP who are aging out of the foster care system and transitioning to adulthood by gaining the perspective of foster parents who care for them and the CW-PMHP service providers for this age group.
- Using the Prevent-Teach-Reinforce Model with Families of Young Children with ASD (2012)
- This study was conducted to examine the feasibility and potential efficacy of implementing an adapted, family-centered version of the school-based prevent-teach- reinforce (PTR) model.
- Effective Strategies for the Inclusion of Children With Autism in General Education Classrooms (2012)
- Successful inclusion of students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in general education classrooms can be challenging and may require additional supports. This article provides information on recent trends in autism intervention research and a review of research that has addressed individualized and systemic interventions for promoting inclusion.