Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 181 to 190 of 302
- Response to Intervention and Positive Behavior Support: Brothers from Different Mothers or Sisters with Different Misters? (2007)
- This article offers an overview of how a Response to Intervention approach to education is consistent with Positive Behavior Support principles and practices.
- Family Driven Care: Are We There Yet? (2007)
- This report acquaints readers with the concept of family-driven care for children who have emotional and behavioral disturbances. From this context, the authors provide information about evidence-based practices that are effective interventions to help the children and their families. This information will help families, educators, and mental health service providers plan effective interventions for the children in their care.
- Florida IV-E Waiver Demonstration Evaluation Progress Reports and Issue Briefs (2007)
- The Florida Department of Children and Families contracted with CFS to evaluate the state's IV-E Waiver Demonstration program which allows Florida's 20 Community-Based Care lead agencies to spend federal dollars previously earmarked for out-of-home care on an array of prevention and diversion services.
- Quick Guide for Self-Assessment of Family-Run Organizations in Systems of Care (2007)
- The Quick Guide is for use by family-run organizations.
- A Synthesis of Knowledge Relevant to Pathways of Service Utilization for Young Children with or at Risk of Challenging Behavior (2007)
- This article provides a summary and synthesis of published information pertaining to the identification with challenging behavior and the routes through which such children may receive services.
- Creating Teaching Tools for Young Children with Challenging Behavior (2007)
- The Teaching Tools are intended to assist teachers in problem-solving a plan to support young children who are having challenging behavior.
- Recommended Practices Handouts (2007)
- These handouts offer professionals and family members information on evidence-based recommendations for a variety of topics related to children with challenging behavior.
- Examining the Research Base Supporting Cultural Competence in Children’s Mental Health Services (2006)
- This review identifies and describes organizational factors associated with increased access for ethnically/racial diverse children and their families to quality mental health services and supports.
- Organizational Cultural Competence: A Review of Assessment Protocols (2006)
- This monograph provides a new understanding of field-based, systemic and measurable organizational factors that lead to cultural competence in organizations and systems.
- Linking Community Helpers and Services with Schools Serving Latino Families: An Orientation to the RAICES/Promotoras Model Training Curriculum (2006)
- This guide introduces and describes a model and associated training curriculum designed to support communities in their efforts to strengthen partnerships that better link Latino children and families with school personnel and service providers.