Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 231 to 240 of 314
- Evidence-Based Practices, Systems of Care, & Individualized Care (2005)
- This paper describes an exploratory study on the relationship between systems of care with an individualized care component, which brings family, youth (where appropriate), members of the natural support system, and members of the formal service system together to develop plans that reflect a comprehensive focus on strengths and needs of families in multiple life domains.
- Socioeconomic Status and Behavior Problems: Addressing the Context for School Safety (2005)
- A longitudinal analysis of disciplinary referrals was conducted with a large countywide school district to measure differences across socioeconomic status and school level.
- Health Care Reform Tracking Project: The Promising Approaches Series (2005)
- These papers focus on a specific aspect of publicly-financed managed care systems and are intended to be technical assistance resources for states and communities as they refine their systems to better serve children and families.
- Transforming Mental Health Care for Children and Their Families (2005)
- Discusses recommendations of the President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health. Addresses critical infrastructure, practice, and research. Focuses on the work of the commission's Subcommittee on Children and describes a vision for mental health service delivery for children with emotional and behavioral disorders and their families.
- Program-Wide Positive Behavior Support:Supporting Young Children’s Social-Emotional Development and Addressing Challenging Behavior (2005)
- Provides a report on the program-wide implementation of the "Teaching Pyramid", a model of program-wide Positive Behavior Support for early childhood applications, within a Head Start Program.
- The Mental Health Needs of Youth with Emotional and Behavioral Disabilities Placed in Special Education Programs In Urban Schools (2004)
- This paper describes the psychosocial characteristics of youth served in special education due to emotional disturbances in urban communities (N = 158).
- Systematically Examining School Improvement Activities Including Special Education (2004)
- This report provides sytematic information about school reform and improvement and its relationship to special education.
- Mental Health Services: A Public Health Perspective (2004)
- This chapter reviews the child mental health policy of the United States and identifies key policy issues at a time when greater attention is being paid to the area of children's mental health.
- An event history analysis of recurrent child maltreatment reports in Florida (2004)
- The purpose of this study was to (a) describe the timing of maltreatment recurrence and (b) measure associations between child demographics and characteristics of initial reports with recurrent maltreatment.
- Family Involvement in Functional Assessment: A Guide for School Professionals (2004)
- This free, downloadable manual provides teachers with guidance on how to involve families in the functional assessment and behavior support plan development process. A step-by-step process is described and helpful forms are provided.