Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 261 to 270 of 302
- The School and Community Study: Characteristics of Students who have Emotional and Behavioral Disabilities Served in Restructuring Public Schools (2000)
- This article presents preliminary results from an ongoing study of the effects of school reform and restructuring on students with serious emotional and behavioral disabilities (SED).
- Evaluation of career outcomes following graduate education in rehabilitation counseling (1999)
- The Ecology of Outcomes: System Accountability in Children’s Mental Health (1998)
- This article presents the Ecology of Outcomes framework, which provides a foundation for the utilization of information so that outcome information can provide opportunities for learning and self-correction.
- State Health Care Reforms: How They Affect Children and Adolescents with Emotional Disorders and Their Families (1997)
- This article presents baseline results of the Health Care Reform Tracking Project, a national study designed to describe and analyze state health care reforms and their impact on children and adolescents with emotional disorders and their families.
- National Adolescent and Child Treatment Study (NACTS): Outcomes for Children with Serious Emotional and Behavioral Disturbance (1996)
- This article describes the results of a seven-year longitudinal study designed to gather information on the demographics and family characteristics, level of psychological and adaptive functioning, services received, and outcomes of children with serious emotional disturbances.
- Co-occurring Addictive and Mental Disorders Among Adolescents: Prevalence Research and Future Directions (1996)
- This article reviews existing literature on the prevalence of adolescents with co-occurring addictive and mental disorders (COAMD), and emphasizes the need for adolescent COAMD assessment practices that differ methodologically and conceptually from assessment of adults with COAMD.
- Prevalence of Serious Emotional Disturbance in Children and Adolescents (1996)
- This chapter presents the findings of a group of technical experts who met to consider estimation methodologies for establishing prevalence of children with serious emotional disturbance.
- The Evaluation of the Fort Bragg Demonstration Project: An Alternative Interpretation of the Findings (1996)
- The article offers an interpretation of the findings of the Fort Bragg Demonstration Project evaluation that differs in many important ways from the evaluation results provided in this special issue of the Journal of Mental Health Administration and in a book published by the evaluators.
- A System of Care for Children and Youth with Severe Emotional Disturbances (1994)
- This monograph explores the development of comprehensive systems of care for children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbances and their families.
- Characteristics related to family involvement in youth residential mental health treatment ()
- This study examined family involvement among youth in residential mental health treatment facilities in Florida. Data were obtained from the provider reports from January 2005 through December 2007. Treatment episodes were divided into 30-day periods with family involvement measured by the number of contacts by all family members, the mother, and the father.