Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 221 to 230 of 314
- The System of Care Twenty Years Later (2005)
- In this chapter the authors discuss the current impact and relevancy of the system of care model for the children’s mental health services system.
- The Special Education Elementary Longitudinal Study (SEELS) and the National Longitudinal Transition Study (NLTS2): Study Designs and Implications for Youth With Emotional Disturbance (2005)
- This article describes design features of two longitudinal studies, the Special Education Elementary Longitudinal Study (SEELS) and the National Longitudinal Transition Study (NLTS2), and to outline their potential implications for policy, practice, research, advocacy, and system development for children and youth with emotional disturbances (ED).
- Teaching Safety Skills to Children to Prevent Gun Play: An Evaluation of In Situ Training. (2005)
- This study evaluated behavioral skills training procedures for teaching safety skills to children to prevent firearm injury. The procedures were effective with all participants.
- Enhancing the Influence of Psychologists on Public Policy: Will More of the Same Do It? (2005)
- In this article, Robert Friedman draws on over 25 years experience to address how, as a field, psychology can more effectively prepare graduate students and conduct its own research to strengthen the contribution to policy.
- Transformation Work Group Report (2005)
- This report describes the compatibility of the SOC vision, values and principles, and general practices with those expressed by the President’s New Freedom Commission.
- Real Manuals for Real Teachers (2005)
- The four teacher-friendly manuals serve as guides to the implementation of evidence-based practices by special education teachers.
- Implementation Research: A Synthesis of the Literature (2005)
- Summarizes findings from the review of the research literature on implementation.
- The Children and Youth We Serve: A National Picture of the Characteristics of Students with Emotional Disturbances Receiving Special Education (2005)
- This article provides a national perspective of children and youth with emotional disturbances (ED) served in special education using data from the Special Education Elementary Longitudinal Study (SEELS) and the National Longitudinal Transition Study-2 (NLTS2).
- Effective Systems of Care: A Summary of Implementation Factors (2005)
- To guide its research, and to assist states and communities, the Center has developed a model of factors that it believes contribute to implementation of effective systems of care. This handout identifies and summarizes these factors.
- Measuring the Fidelity of Service Planning and Delivery to System of Care Principles (2005) (2005)
- This monograph describes the System of Care Practice Review (SOCPR), a procedure that explores direct service fidelity to system of care values.