Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 221 to 230 of 302
- Socioeconomic Status and Behavior Problems: Addressing the Context for School Safety (2005)
- A longitudinal analysis of disciplinary referrals was conducted with a large countywide school district to measure differences across socioeconomic status and school level.
- Health Care Reform Tracking Project: The Promising Approaches Series (2005)
- These papers focus on a specific aspect of publicly-financed managed care systems and are intended to be technical assistance resources for states and communities as they refine their systems to better serve children and families.
- Transforming Mental Health Care for Children and Their Families (2005)
- Discusses recommendations of the President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health. Addresses critical infrastructure, practice, and research. Focuses on the work of the commission's Subcommittee on Children and describes a vision for mental health service delivery for children with emotional and behavioral disorders and their families.
- Program-Wide Positive Behavior Support:Supporting Young Children’s Social-Emotional Development and Addressing Challenging Behavior (2005)
- Provides a report on the program-wide implementation of the "Teaching Pyramid", a model of program-wide Positive Behavior Support for early childhood applications, within a Head Start Program.
- Mental Health Services: A Public Health Perspective (2004)
- This chapter reviews the child mental health policy of the United States and identifies key policy issues at a time when greater attention is being paid to the area of children's mental health.
- Systematically Examining School Improvement Activities Including Special Education (2004)
- This report provides sytematic information about school reform and improvement and its relationship to special education.
- The Mental Health Needs of Youth with Emotional and Behavioral Disabilities Placed in Special Education Programs In Urban Schools (2004)
- This paper describes the psychosocial characteristics of youth served in special education due to emotional disturbances in urban communities (N = 158).
- An event history analysis of recurrent child maltreatment reports in Florida (2004)
- The purpose of this study was to (a) describe the timing of maltreatment recurrence and (b) measure associations between child demographics and characteristics of initial reports with recurrent maltreatment.
- Family Involvement in Functional Assessment: A Guide for School Professionals (2004)
- This free, downloadable manual provides teachers with guidance on how to involve families in the functional assessment and behavior support plan development process. A step-by-step process is described and helpful forms are provided.
- The Youth Suicide Prevention School-Based Guide (2004)
- The Guide is a tool that provides a framework for schools to assess their existing or proposed suicide prevention efforts (through a series of checklists) and provides resources and information that school administrators can use to enhance or add to their existing program. First, checklists can be completed to help evaluate the adequacy of the schools' suicide prevention programs. Second, information is offered in a series of issue briefs corresponding to a specific checklist.