Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 201 to 210 of 314
- Linking Community Helpers and Services with Schools Serving Latino Families: An Orientation to the RAICES/Promotoras Model Training Curriculum (2006)
- This guide introduces and describes a model and associated training curriculum designed to support communities in their efforts to strengthen partnerships that better link Latino children and families with school personnel and service providers.
- Applying a Theory of Change Approach to Interagency Planning in Child Mental Health (2006)
- This paper describes the use of a theory of change approach to community-based cross-agency service planning in Contra Costa County, California for a population of youth who had been arrested and involved with juvenile probation.
- RAICES/Promotoras Model Training Manual (2006)
- This training curriculum is designed to support communities in their efforts to strengthen partnerships that better link Latino children and families with school personnel and service providers.
- Voices from the Field: A Blueprint for Schools to Increase the Involvement of Families Who Have Children with Emotional Disturbances (2006)
- This document describes how the school and mental health systems can increase the involvement of parents in developing and assisting with services for their children with serious emotional disturbances.
- A Preliminary Evaluation of Two Behavioral Skills Training Procedures for Teaching Abduction Prevention Skills to School Children (2006)
- This study evaluated behavioral skills training with and without in situ training for teaching abduction prevention skills to young children. Both procedures were effective, but the procedure with added in situ training was more effective.
- Assumptions, Indicators and Descriptors for the Family Voice Study: Assessing the Role of Family Organizations in Developing Family Voice in Systems of Care (2006)
- Research suggests that systems of care with strong family voice have certain characteristics. The Family Voice Assumptions, Indicators and Descriptions (FV-AID) Chart identifies these characteristics which are listed in the first column as Assumptions.
- Strategies for System of Care Development: Making Change in Complex Systems (2006)
- This article describes adaptation of the framework from Leverage Points: Places to Intervene in a System Framework to systems of care.
- Independent Assessment of the New Jersey’s Children’s Behavioral Health Care System (2006)
- In 2006 the State of New Jersey contracted with the Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, University of South Florida for an independent assessment of its evolving children’s behavioral health system. This report contains the findings and recommendations of the assessment.
- Organizational Structures and Processes within an Evidence-based Practice: Cross-site Findings from a Study of Teaching Family Organizations (2006)
- Describes phase II findings of the Community-based Theories of Change Study.
- Prevention and Intervention with Young Children’s Challenging Behavior: A Summary and Perspective Regarding Current Knowledge. (2006)
- This article provides a summary and synthesis of existing knowledge pertaining to prevention and intervention regarding challenging behaviors of young children.