Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
Viewing 171 to 180 of 314
- System of Care Practice Review: Review Team Member Training Manual (2009)
- This training manual is designed for use by individuals preparing to serve as reviewers in conducting a System of Care Practice Review (SOCPR). It serves as an introduction to the SOCPR by providing a general, conceptual, and philosophical understanding of the origin and purpose of the review. This manual also identifies and describes the various activities involved in implementing the SOCPR and guides reviewers through each step of the process toward a successful review.
- 22nd Annual Research Conference Proceedings (2009)
- Features presentation summaries from symposia, paper presentations and poster presentations, organized around the central themes of the annual research conference.
- Examining the Relationship between Family-Run Organizations and Non-Family Organization Partners in Systems of Care (2008)
- This study investigates how family voice, as represented through family-run organizations, contributes to the context of the overall mental health system, and the implementation of an effective system of care.
- Career Development for Transition-Aged Youth with Emotional Disturbances: Exemplary Practices of Florida Mental Health & Substance Abuse Agencies (2008)
- This report seeks to identify exemplary career development practices for transition-age youth with emotional disturbances (TAY w/ED).
- Florida's Children at a Glance, 2008 (2008)
- The 2008 edition of Florida's Children at a Glance has been produced by the Center for the Study of Children's Futures to be used as a quick reference to current, comprehensive data. State and County information compiled from 2006/07 data is included and provides specifics on population by age, health and well-being, birth indicators, juvenile justice, and education.
- Parent to Parent: A Synthesis of the Emerging Literature (2008)
- This literature review attempts to provide a synthesis of the emerging literature pertaining to parent-to-parent support. The purpose of this review is twofold: (1) to uncover any evidence of the effectiveness of parent-to-parent support; and (2) to examine the concepts, constructs, and key elements of parent-to-parent that should be considered when designing a program (i.e., case management, training, and contact methods).
- Creating a Front Porch: Strategies for Improving Access to Mental Health Services (2008)
- This monograph shares results of interviews conducted with personnel from selected organizations and focuses on key practices that were reported to increase accessibility of mental health services for underserved populations.
- Mental Health Service Patterns among Medicaid-Eligible Children: Disparities and Differences in Beliefs and Service Access (2008)
- This report shares findings about mental health issues and service effectiveness as expressed by parents of Medicaid-eligible children from white, Hispanic, and African American families.
- Patterns of Service Utilization among Children in the Child Protection System Under Implementation of Child Welfare Prepaid Mental Health Plan (2008)
- This report profiles efforts to examine the effect of child individual characteristics, child maltreatment histories, diagnoses, and the Child Welfare-Prepaid Mental Health Plan (CW-PMHP) on mental health service utilization.
- Refinement of an Instrument to Measure Mental Health Literacy and Examination of Interventions to Enhance Mental Health Literacy (2008)
- This paper reports on the continued refinement of an instrument to measure mental health literacy among caregivers of children with SED and their providers.