Publications in our database are reports and resource materials produced within the Department of Child and Family Studies, as well as recent journal articles authored by CFS faculty. To view a more thorough listing of recent books, book chapters and articles written or edited by CFS faculty, view our Impact Reports or individual faculty vitas. You may also view the publications by topic on the right of this page.
- Evaluating curricular influence on preparation for practice, career outcomes, and job satisfaction (2013)
- 21st Annual Research Conference Proceedings (2008)
- Features presentation summaries from symposia, paper presentations and poster presentations, organized around the central themes and full agenda of the annual research conference.
- Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research (2008)
- The Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research (JBHS&R) is a peer-reviewed, multidisciplinary journal that publishes articles on the organization, financing, delivery, and outcomes of behavioral health services, including mental health, alcohol, and substance abuse.
- Quick Guide for Self-Assessment of Family-Run Organizations in Systems of Care (2007)
- The Quick Guide is for use by family-run organizations.
- Financing Structures and Strategies to Support Effective Systems of Care: RTC Study 3 Products (2006)
- This study was the first to thoroughly investigate cross-agency financing structures and strategies, and provides important information about finance policies that can assist communities across the country.
- Recommended Practices: Being an Evidence-Based Practitioner (2006)
- This fact sheet describes what evidence-based practitioners do, notes some of the challenges that affect the implementation of evidence-based practices, and offers advice for addressing those challenges.
- Building the Workforce Plan for Children's Mental Health (2006)
- Discussion centers around the formation of the National Strategic Plan on Workforce Development in Behavioral Health. Includes a discussion of the Annapolis Coalition and its efforts related to workforce recruitment and retention. Ten strategic workforce goals are presented.
- Enhancing the Influence of Psychologists on Public Policy: Will More of the Same Do It? (2005)
- In this article, Robert Friedman draws on over 25 years experience to address how, as a field, psychology can more effectively prepare graduate students and conduct its own research to strengthen the contribution to policy.
- Evaluation of career outcomes following graduate education in rehabilitation counseling (1999)
- Community capacity building in the State of Florida ()