Customized Employment Certification
- William Kearns, PhD
Collaboration with national experts from Marc Gold & Associates and Florida Vocational Rehabilitation to develop and implement an online certificate course in the customized employment (CE) process.
- Phase I: Pilot
- Test the certification process and local TA model. Develop policy and procedures needed for statewide implementation.
- Phase II: Online/Web-based Pilot
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Phase I and II pilots in terms of provider performance, customer satisfaction, and competitive employment outcomes.
- Phase III: Statewide Launch
- Implement the certification process statewide.
- Develop a system for continual tracking and evaluation of the certification process to ensure model fidelity and effectiveness.
Long Tem Impact
- State system for certifying vendors to provide the CE process as a service to customers of the Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Increase in the number of individual with disabilities that achieve competitive and integrated employment.