Lethal Violence by Individuals with Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias
This research project focusses on the epidemiology and clinical patterns of homicide, homicide-suicide, and suicide by persons with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
- Understand factors contributing to the display of violent lethal behavior by persons with dementia at home
and in long term care settings
- Disseminate information in quality journals
- Develop written and online resource materials for the education and training of professionals in health care, community agencies, law enforcement, and criminal justice areas.
Long Term Impact
- Development of tests and procedures to assess risk for lethal violence.
- Development and evaluation of intervention and prevention strategies.
- Development of recommendations for policies and practices.