Evaluation of Miami Community Action Response to Exploitation and Sex Trafficking (Miami CARES) Project
- Melissa Johnson, MA, MPH
- Monica Landers, MSW
The evaluation is designed to assess implementation of the Miami CARES Project, an initiative focused on creating a coordinated child welfare system response to human trafficking, specifically focused on youth in the child welfare system.
- Institutionalize cross-system collaboration to address trafficking of minors.
- Increase awareness and utilization of multi-disciplinary interventions.
- Develop and implement policies, practices, and strategies to prevent trafficking, identify victims, and provide a continuum of effective services.
- Increase system-wide awareness of trafficking.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive data system to gather and track critical information on trafficked youth.
Disseminate knowledge and findings generated through the project to the field.
Long Term Impact
- Improved capacity of the Miami-Dade Child Welfare System to identify, track, and address the needs of youth who are victims of human trafficking or are at-risk.