Veteran's Suicide Prevention Training Module Development
This involves collaboration with USF’s Department of Mental Health Law and Policy to create, pilot, and release an online training module (Assessing and Minimizing Potential Risks of Harm to Self or Others) for Community Integration Specialists (peer helpers) in the Veterans Administration Community Integration Project.
The online training provides opportunities for participants to:
- Gain the latest research-based information on suicide warning signs, risk factors, protective factors, and resources for veterans.
- Review effective team approaches to working with veterans.
- Engage in review exercises to enhance material covered.
Long Term Impact
- Contribute to the reduction in the number of veteran deaths by suicide and improving service utilization by increasing the identification of warning signs, risk factors, protective factors, and resources for veterans.
- Create a cadre of well-informed individuals who can be resources in their communities and on their teams in the area of veteran suicide prevention.
Completed literature review and developed the Assessing and Minimizing Potential Risks of Harm to Self or Others online training module.