Back to Projects & Research
Effects of Child Welfare Pre-paid Mental Health Plan (CW-PMHP) Services on Youth Outcomes
- Svetlana Yampolskaya, PhD
- Examine the outcomes for children enrolled in CW-PMHP including the population of youth aging out of CW-PMHP and transitioning to adulthood.
- The following outcomes will be examined: (a) median length of stay in out-of-home care, (b) number of outof- home care placements, (c) time to reunification, (d) reentry into out-of-home care, (e) presence of involuntary examination initiations (Baker Act), and (f ) involvement with the juvenile justice system (DJJ).
- Additional outcomes may include mental health functioning using Children’s Functional Assessment Rating Scale (CFARS) data and involvement with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) for older youth.
Long Term Impact
- Improve service delivery and treatment for youth involved in child welfare.