Pine Hills Wellness Project
- Sharon Hodges, PhD
Children's Home Society of Florida, Inc.
The purpose of this evaluation is to provide a comprehensive and independent assessment of the Pine Hills Wellness Coach (WC) Pilot, a program intended to improve health access and reduce costs for children age 2-6 using a community health worker intervention.
- Evaluate the impact of Pine Hills Wellness project using participatory and utilization-focused evaluation strategies.
- Support development and implement of a home visiting wellness intervention intended to increase health access and reduce healthcare barriers and costs.
- Reduce emergency room use and increase primary care physician use among families of 2-6 year old children in Pine Hills, FL.
Long Term Impact
Improved health access for vulnerable populations
- Began services and costs comparison study.
- Continued qualitative data collection for process evaluation.
- Developed a community strengths and needs assessment.
- Developed a wellness coach curriculum.
- Developed a participatory and utilization-focused evaluation plan.