Collaborative on Discovery and Innovation in Employment (CODIE)
- Lise Fox, PhD
Centers & Initiatives
Florida Developmental Disabilities Council, Inc.
CODIE helps to build the capacity of school professionals in collaboration with community action partners to use the Discovery Process in supporting youth and adults with developmental disabilities (DD) in achieving customized employment.
- Train and support county-based implementation teams to implement the Discovery process with transition-age youth within the Florida school system.
- Provide technical assistance to teams in the implementation the Discovery process.
- Align Discovery activities with Florida’s Access Points Standards and IDEA’s Indicator 13.
- Track student customized employment outcomes.
Long Term Impact:
- Improve school district capacity for implementing the Discovery process with transition-age youth in Florida schools with fidelity to the model.
- Increase in the number of youth with developmental disabilities that transition to customized employment.