Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS)/USF Department of Child and Family Studies (CFS) Collaboration
- Sharon Hodges, PhD
This collaboration develops a partnership of engaged scholarship in areas of shared interest, utilizing key faculty across CFS who take a liaison role in facilitating collaboration between CFS and CHS, exploring potential research opportunities and facilitating teams of individuals interested in working together (on a number of topics such as birth to 5, child abuse, foster care placement stability, trauma-informed care, and organizational infrastructure).
Develop a collaboration between CHS and CFS that will result in multiple shared opportunities for externally funded research, evaluation, training, and technical assistance.
Long Term Impact
- Improved services and supports for children, adolescents, and their families who are involved in Florida’s child welfare system.
- Bridge the gap between research and evaluation to policy and practice.
- Continued collaboration on potential research funding.
- CFS faculty actively participated in CHS statewide activities to collaborate on and support research and evaluation activities.
- CFS evaluated a CHS pilot of a Community Health Worker intervention.
- CHS served on advisory board for federally funded research.