Many Faces of Trauma: Community Engaged Trauma Research
Norín Dollard, PhD
- Norín Dollard, PhD
These initiatives are intended to facilitate development of partnerships and approaches that can remediate the psychological impact of trauma.
- Increase the awareness among BB policy makers and practitioners of the impact of trauma on the well-being of Florida’s citizens across the lifespan.
- Disseminate state-of-the-art information on trauma assessment, intervention and community and system responses to trauma.
- Implement trauma-informed care in Medicaid funded out-of-home settings in Florida.
- Contribute to the evidence base regarding group interventions for adolescent girls with mental health, substance use, and violence, abuse, or trauma.
- Member of the Statewide Interagency Workgroup on Trauma, presented to the Children’s Cabinet in 07/09.
- Completion of trauma-informed curriculum and model for a Learning Collaborative to implement change in Medicaid-funded out of home treatment programs.
- Recruited two additional sites to implement and evaluate a trauma-specific group intervention for adolescent girls.
- Facilitated the collection and professional presentation of artwork by adolescent trauma survivors in out of home treatment settings.
- Developed an on-line module on trauma for dissemination.
- Developed a model of “Trauma-Informed Behavior Support” combining principles of trauma-informed care with applied behavior analysis.