Kids Central and Marion County Evaluation of Prevention Project – Phase 1 Literature Review
- Kathy Lazear
- Mary Armstrong, PhD
Marion County has developed a partnership with Kids Central Inc. and Devereux to implement an evidenced-based intervention based on developmental assets for children and youth. The evaluation will examine:
- rates of child maltreatment reports followed by the child protection investigations;
- rates of verified child maltreatment;
- rates of recurrence of maltreatment within six months after the initial maltreatment incident;
- and proportion of children entering out-of-home care after receiving in-home services.
- Examine the expansion of social support and community-based practices, including innovative and evidence-based practices that contribute to improved outcomes for children in the child welfare system.
- Describe the family resource center approach including the role of the community facilitator.
- Improved child safety, permanency, and well-being outcomes for children in the child welfare system and a reduced need to place children in out-of-home care.
- Improved quality of child welfare services provided to children and