Trauma Recovery Initiative for Youth (TRI) Center (2012-2016)
Melissa Tirotti, M.A.
The TRI Center aims to demonstrate and evaluate the effectiveness of sustainable, culturally competent, trauma-focused interventions and trauma-informed system approaches to ameliorate adverse consequences of complex trauma experience for abused and neglected youth in foster care and other out-of-home family care in the Florida Panhandle region.
- Increase community capacity to provide trauma-focused, culturally competent, evidence-based treatment for youth in the northwest Florida foster care system that have experienced complex trauma.
- Increase community capacity for identification of trauma.
- Transform service delivery approaches so that practices based on trauma-informed principles take root in the northwest
Long Term Impact
- Florida shifts to a trauma-informed treatment environment using identified trauma-specific best practices.
- Florida to screen all youth in dependency system for trauma.
- Presented the 2014 CHS Statewide Trauma-Informed Care Organizational Survey Findings at the CHS Senior Leadership meeting in Winter Park, Florida.
- Presented on Assessing Organizational Readiness for Trauma-Informed Care at the Circuit 1 Trauma-Informed Care Steering Committee in Pensacola, Florida.
- Participated in the development and implementation of the CHS Statewide Trauma-Responsive Workgroup and Trauma-Responsive Workgroup Plan.
- Formed workgroup to identify activities for improvements in assessing workgroup activities.
- Created crosswalk/framework to guide assessment of workgroup activities and pair with survey items to measure improvements.