System of Care Practice Review
- Debra Mowery, PhD
SOCPR provides a tool for assessing whether system of care principles are operationalized at the level of practice. It also provides a measure of how well the overall service delivery system is meeting the needs of children with serious emotional disturbances (SED) and their families.
- Provide a method and instrument for assessing whether System of Care values and principles are operationalized at the level of practice.
- Provide feedback to enhance quality improvement efforts.
- Incorporate specific recommendations into staff training at the direct service level.
- Identify strengths and areas that need improvement on a system-wide level.
- Review the System of Care philosophy
- Communicate the purpose and objectives of the SOCPR
- Review the SOCPR implementation procedures
- Describe the sections of the SOCPR Protocol
- Increase knowledge of effective interviewing techniques and successful data collection methods
- Practice rating the Summative Questions
Communities increase and maintain the presence of systems of care values, principles and policies in their child-serving systems.
- SOCPR training and technical assistance has been expanded to additional states and to communities internationally.
- SOCPR activities include 5 communities, 3counties, 2 states, and 1 Canadian province.
- S4KF SOCPR: Activities continue with community-based Success for Kids project. Reports were completed.
- AZ SOCPR: Activities continue with the state of AZ. AA yearly report of findings was completed.
- S4KF SOCPR: Activities continue with community-based Success 4 Kids project. Reports were completed.
- One state and one national conference presentations of SOCPR data were completed.
SOCPR Materials Available for Download
SOCPR Fact Sheet (pdf)
SOCPR: Team Member Training Manual is designed for use by individuals preparing to serve as reviewers in conducting a SOCPR. (pdf)
System of Care Practice Review August 2009 [2MB PDF]
Monograph: Midiendo la Fidelidad de la Planeación y Entrega de Servicios a los Principios del Sistema de Cuidado: La Revisión de la Práctica del Sistema de Cuidado (SOCPR) March 2005 Spanish [1.1MB PDF]
To conduct a System of Care Practice Review at your location, or if you have questions or comments about this training, contact Mario Hernandez, telephone (813) 974-4640.